Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help! I can't move anymore!

I'm a 26 yof, 139 lbs and 5'2. At age 13 I started having mild back pain and I was diagnosed with a very mild case of scoliosis. Over years I have been through a lot physically and have done a lot of manual labor. At age 16 my back pain got worse but I have never been able to slow down. I am 26 now with two children, 5 years old and 10 months. I regularly "pull my back out" (what I call it) 2-3 times a month. I don't have to do much for it to happen. I could just be bent over the tub giving my kids a bath or sweeping the floor. Most of time time I have difficulty lifting my legs to get dressed. If I am presenting with pain I cannot stand up straight. Day one I cannot walk which is unacceptable because I'm a busy mom. I've fallen before because the pain is so bad. It's like a jolt, a shock from the middle of my back into my hips and down my legs. Mostly the right leg takes the most pain. I've been to doctors but I feel like because I'm so young they don't take me seriously. Something is wrong and I can't live like this anymore. I'm really trying to strengthen my core, do yoga here n there, and lose some weight. I'm afraid it is something serious and if it doesn't get better or gets worse I'm afraid I won't be able to live my life the way I want to. Help... Does anyone know what else I can do. Does anyone know if this could be a degenerative disc or only sciatica or both? What else can I do?

• sandisandi Posts: 6,343
    edited 09/28/2013 - 6:38 AM
    Your best option given your description of your symptoms is to either make an appointment with a board certified spine surgeon, either orthopedic or neurosurgeon and if you have had MRI or CT scans done, then bring the cd's and the reports with you.
    If you have not had either an MRI or a CT scan done, they can order one based on their exam of you. Better yet, make an appointment with one or the other and once you have the MRI results in your hand, then make an appointment with both types to see what each recommends.
  • autistoaautisto Posts: 9
    edited 09/29/2013 - 10:41 AM
    Back pain, joint pain, hip pain, etc. are all caused by muscle imbalances. Yoga, therapy, and pretty much everything the professionals suggest are useless and often exacerbate the problem. I know because I experienced back pain, joint pain, sciatica, pinched nerves, you name it I suffered with it. It wasn't until I learned the mechanics between our muscles, bones, nerves, etc. that I was able to get rid of all this pain.

This discussion has been closed.