Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Crocs and lower back, sciatica pain

Crocs are so comfortable, but my lower back and sciatic pain seem to be increasing, so I went looking for help and found SpineHealth. So, as a new person to these forums, I am anxious to see how it all works by asking this question:
Is there any medical information on the safety of wearing Crocs for spine health/pain?
Thank you,

• jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Thank god they make different styles then when they first came out. These are the only shoes that do not cause my back problems
  • BigRBBigR Posts: 48
    edited 10/01/2013 - 5:37 AM
    I love my Crocs! They do seem to help some of my pain ease. If I am hurting real bad in the morning, I'll wear them to work that day.
    5 MRIs since 2010 | Severe DDD throughout entire Lumbar Region | Facet Arthrosis throughout | Spinal Canal Stenosis | Herniation L4/L5 | Broad - Based Bulging L1/L2, L2/3, L3/L4 - but still kicking - just not very high. :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    I love wearing crocs, but I know they do not offer any real type of foot support. From all my surgeries, hip problems, etc, my Physical therapist tell me NO NO NO... My doctor says NO NO NO NO NO NEVER!

Everyone is different. The only footwear that my therapists and doctor recommends for me is Merrells or Clarks, with Clarks being their choice. My other option are prescription orthotic footwear.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 10/01/2013 - 5:58 AM
    but I have read of many who get them for after surgery because they are so easy to slip on.

My sister-in-law who was having awful problems with her feet found them very comfortable and the only shoes she could wear.

Personally, I find that supportive footwear makes a big difference to how well I walk and the best are my hiking boots.
    Shame I can't wear those when I am dressed up. Well, I could but they spoil the effect!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,841
    now that is a great idea.
    Supportive footwear/Hiking boots for dress up! Perhaps a small heel (???)
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Hahaha!!

I will work on a design!
  • Make them in a winter boot that I can wear with leggings or skinny jeans?? I have always heard crocs were bad for ppl with back problems. Merrils (sp) are supposed to be really good, I hear.
  • thoracic spine painthoracic spine pain Posts: 566
    edited 10/01/2013 - 11:51 PM
    Fell down the stairs because of stupid crocs the other day. They are too easy to slip on not properly. Luckily just on my bottom not on my thoracic. I have the most beautiful boots that are health shoes, which I have built up. Jelly I wore my new ones the other day with black tights and a mid short cream lace top. They are gorgeous - keep my feet supported and look very cool. First time I have worn heels in a while. Black suede with snakeskin top short boots. Yummy boots and good for my back. My gorgeous niece and I in the Beamer with the roof down wearing our Ray Bans. Felt great, was fun. Not a Croc in sight.

• Those boots sound great thoracic!
    Supportive, comfortable and look good too. We all want a pair!

Glad to hear that you are having fun :-)
This discussion has been closed.