Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neuro Visit

I've had a Laminectomy on l4/l5 on 11/10/11 and did awesome until 2 months ago. I went to see the neuro who performed my surgery and he reviewed a new set of MRI and said he wouldnt do surgery at all. He does not see anything causing some of my symptoms like a burning sensation on the top part of my foot or hip. The radiologist had made a notation that my L3/L4 had a bulge/tear but he also stated that looked great no bulge at all. The neuro stated that it might be the nerve just irritated and to give it time to settle. New meds neurontin and vontran. I really hope this works. I've been on it for 3 days and I already see a difference on my back pain. It would go up to an 8 and its a 4-5. My leg discomforts are off and on so there are times I have no discomfort for a few minutes. Hoping this will resolve.

I do have a co-worker that had a scaitica flare up for 1 yr and said he can't believe it went away by itself.

I decided not to get anymore epidurals as they dont seem that healthy for our bodies. The last one I had only lasted 2 days.

Per the Neuro he is not agaisnt them but if it was his back he wouldn't get them. I am very fortunate that my pain is not like the previous injury. That was horrible. I can still do most of everything but with pain and if I lay down everything settles down.

I still walk about 3 miles 5 times a day.