Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Calling all August surgery buddies!!!!

Lets do a quick survey of our August buddies

On a scale from ONE to TEN (ten feeling great and one feeling crummy) during recovery after your august surgery

Lets have some numbers and your names and what procedure was done if you care to list that, date too

SMILINROSE (aka StenosisRose)
A five! good days and bad days are even
Aug 13-
3 lamenectomies
Dura tear repair
Fracture repair
Cauda equina compression decompression
Stenosing stenosis
Fluid aspiration from spine
No fusions

• You should have the scale go the other way, the way the doctor has you do it. A 0-no pain and 10-worst pain ever. That's how I am going to do it because otherwise I will get confused.

I was in a good amount of pain, I'd give it a "7", for the first 5 days after surgery. After barely any pain and if so it was at about an "3-4" up until the 14th day after surgery and I re-herniated. Then I was at a "8-9". It was the worst pain I had experienced. It slowly tapered over the last 5 weeks but I would still say my pain is at a "6-7" now. But it comes and goes depending on what I am doing.

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014
  • Kamgram
    Total knee replacement
    August 16
    Arthritis pain is gone :) but bone pain from surgery ranges from 3-4 in the mornings and a 7-8 at night. Changed medications to Nucynta ER and Oxycodone for break through. PT has been causing a flair in back pain and sciatica though :(
  • Same here my pain levels go from 0-10 (10) being the worst. My mornings are very bad probably because I waited to long for my surgery. I hurt everywhere until I get up and start moving. I am only 50 and my sister who just turned 57 says to just wait it gets worse :(. Once I do get moving take my meds and eat, my level is about a 6. I am still on a lot of major pain meds per my pain dr. I have started physical therapy today my surgery was 8/8/13. Surgeon says it will take a year before I feel good! So I am doing exactly as he says.

I hope all the rest are moving forward and living their lives. I pray to get at least 50% better from this surgery. I do feel much better than how I was prior, it's a different pain. Not the agonizing deep non-union pain. I am so Happy with my Surgeon. He did a wonderful job for me.

Have a great week to all fellow spineys :-)
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.