Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

piriformis-like pain after microdisecectomy!!! Please help!

Hi All,
i'll try to be brief so i don't bother you with a long story, so:

-- i'd low back pain for about two years, it sometimes fades and sometimes attacks hardly but i could handle that pain with some rest.

-- after a very exhausting week, i felt shooting pain from my back to my left leg and i had a sever cramps in my calf muscles so i could barley walk, i couldn't sit down or sleep

-- i went to see orthopedic consultant surgeon who told me i have to do MRI as it seems like herniated disc sciatica, and it really was, MRI showed herniation L4-L5.

-- Lyrica and non-steriodal and muscle relaxant were prescribed to me and also physiotherapy, i took all and did every PT session and home exercises but no improvement after 1 month.

-- i had L4-L5 microdisectomy three weeks ago and it was successful, my back pain was gone and no cramps in my left leg and i could walk directly after surgery but i had numbness in my foot and pain while sitting is still there!!!

-- i went for follow up with my symptoms to my doctor who assured my about the numbness that it takes time to heal but he examined me for THE SITTING PROBLEM, he told me that it's not normal and scheduled my for nerve conduction study.

-- after my doctor examined the results of NCS, he told that it were in-conclusive so as i'm i having severe pain at sitting (i can't drive for more than 15 mins) he gave me corticosteriodal injection in the muscle 5 days ago.

-- he told me onset of action is about 3 days, but i'm not having any improvement in sitting pain and it prevents me from doing piriformis exercises.

-- what do you think i should do??

This discussion has been closed.