Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The best therapy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 12/09/2013 - 3:56 PM in Matters of the Heart
coming here and writing out my feeling to people I don't know, but I feel most know my perception of pain, although they might be in different body parts. I do feel better being able to share and have people understand. Thank you friends!

• When I get home from work and feel like crap I like to lay on my heating pad with my big black lab...he always makes me feel better :)
  • CamIamCCamIam Posts: 86
    edited 10/16/2013 - 5:25 PM
    edpharmd said:
    When I get home from work and feel like crap I like to lay on my heating pad with my big black lab...he always makes me feel better :)
    Ooooooo! I do this at the end of the day - but with my cat :-) She has been my little nurse/supervisor ever since I got home from the hospital. She rarely lets me out of her sight, and sleeps right beside me every night. Pets are the best!

48 year old freight handler. Bilateral foraminotomy, decompression of nerve roots and reduction of spondylolisthesis at L4-5 with open PILF and autogenous bone graft from left hip - June 13, 2013
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    I was getting pretty desperate. I know I had done some damage to my thoracic discs, the MRI and all other examinations verified this.. But What to do about this? There was not a lot of information about this. I researched and found Spine-Health.com for their technical / medical / video information. I wasnt even aware of the patient forums. It wasnt until I read a message from Stephanie Burke regarding how pain impacts sleep, did I know about the forums. Since then, well, these forums have been a good part of my life.

I have received so much support and help from others. In my early days here, it was people like Erin McGinley and Bruce that helped me. Now the number of years have gone by and I still will always remember how much Spine-Health forums helped me. I only hope that I can and with the help of my moderators also provide everyone here with help.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you all for your comments and resources...nice to have others to relate to who share a common experience :)
  • I spent a whopping 16 weeks and 2 days in hospital (what could go wrong, did go wrong) and when I left there I had no wife (she left while I was in hospital), no home(mortgage arrears) and no job (cab driver's license revoked because of disability)and could only just about walk. But friends and my family all did what they could to help me till I was back on my feet (literally) and it all came good in the end!

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde