Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sorry if this is the wrong board. I am waiting for my insurance to approve my surgery. I never have heard of surgeries being denied so now I am worrying about this. Insurance co wanted a medical necessity report and they were faxed one today.

My nuerosurgeon is going to do a fusion and a laminectomy. As you all know the pain of it I need not tell you,

So here are a couple of questions that if anybody could help me with I sure would appreciate it

Does everybody elses pain comes and goes? My pain went away for a bit a couple of weeks ago and then came back strong after I bent over to tie my shoe. My pain is manageable right now. I wonder if others had it come and go like that?

Insurance: My question here is I am waiting for approval and my surgery is the 23rd. I called them and they said they were waiting for my doctor to give them a medical necessity paper. I called my doc, they had sent it once but sent it again.
Has anyone had their surgery denied? I sure hope not as my work has already approved my time off for this .

So here it is I am having anxiety over whether the insurance will pay or not? And if the severe pain has gone for good or will it come back as i still have pain its just not to the point I want to chop my leg off lol I still have pain when I start to do things I have a feeling it would since the MRI showed all that was wrong.

Any info or help would be so nice thank you

• You did not mention which levels
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and continues to grow.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Detailed medical libraries of Articles and Videos that address almost every Spinal Conditions and Treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here is where you can meet thousands of other people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a Support System. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 International members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the Private Message facility to contact any one of the Moderators on my team:

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • There have been members post their insurance companies denials on SP for others to see. So it does happen. The question now is though "how does the Affordable Care Act effect approving or disapproving procedures"? I can tell you from reading parts of it that healthcare you receive will be determined by your age.

For example, if you get cancer after you turn 75, you will not be approved for treatment under your plan or Medicare. You will have met your life expectancy. Another nugget of info is that once you hit retirement age, the Federal Government gets access to YOUR bank accounts and automatically deducts payment for whatever treatment you receive.

I would ask the doctor on your next visit if the ACA could be a factor in getting approval for the procedure. I would also add that you should keep an open mind regarding recovery. There is a good chance that you will not be 100% pain free after the surgery. Surgeons are attempting to help relieve your pain, but they will not tell you that you're going to have 100% relief. Afterwards, you may still have some residual pain that is event specific. In other words, it doesn't hurt or bother you unless you do a specific bend or twist.

Take each day one at a time and follow your docs orders and hopefully you will feel much better afterwards!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2