Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am perplexed

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 12/09/2013 - 3:56 PM in Chronic Pain
and it is not the pain meds, lol
Yesterday I had another series of neck xrays, while leaving the tech said to me they are probably going to want an MRI. I said I already had an MRI in March, he said "this year?", I replied yes and he said they might want another. I am thinking this is the military, no way I am getting 2 MRIs in one year.
During my visit with the Dr he said he thinks it is something with my neck and he doesn't think the nonfusion (0r CTS)is causing my neck/shoulder/arm/hand pain. He said the bridge was not good but that shouldn't be causing my symptoms. He said he would like an MRI. I told him I had one in March and a CT mylogram in May. He asked me if I had a problem with having another. Not claustrophobic, no problem. Since my last couple Dr visits have ended with me in tears, and with different diagnosis. I was just sitting there amazed, he believes me. I hear about the difficulties some of you have had with getting MRIs and it hasn't always been easy for me either. Shocked!
Then I got to thinking about the xray tech saying what he said after looking at my xrays. Now I am wondering if they finally see something suspicious. The ortho DRs were not forthright with my first MRI in 2009, and I finally got the full picture from my primary care a month later.
Has anyone felt that things are being left unsaid until further confirmation when dealing with their MDs? Just pondering... :??

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,837
    that when any doctor(s) can not identify the problem, they will look to additional diagnostic test to help identify the root of the problem.
    I never look at the number of these tests that have been scheduled. In the past 6 months, I have had 4 different MRIs, 3 sets of X-Rays, plus a number of other tests.
    To me, that is fine, just means that with everything at hand, they cannot identify or isolate the problem. If they ask me to take more tests (MRIs, X-Rays, EMGs, etc) I would say yes.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    edited 10/18/2013 - 1:22 AM
    hey necksoup,
    I have to agree with both you and Ron here. I do think your doctor(s) do believe you from what you have posted here. Sometimes they do need more imaging maybe from a slightly different angle to focus on an area that may be the root of your pain & discomfort. Sometimes previous imaging isn't quite clear enough. I used to be nervous about absorbing too much radiation from imaging but with years of education and experience that is no longer a concern.
    At least your medical team is "getting after" your medical issues and not pushing you off and ignoring you.
    Take care,
  • If they put in there I'm a nut case...I've already had 3/4 melt Downs at docs I would b so sick.

Last visit wasn't crying in pain just babbling bout symptoms trying hurry get it all out. He commented my face red...(was having a flash! )..

Lol!! I want to have a normal visit...but I wonder sometimes...

When they look like they belive me bout something I'm shocked..
  • I've cried many tears at medical appointments over the year. If everything was great, we wouldn't be at the surgeon's right? I have a feeling we aren't the only ones!
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.