Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So I'm a little over a week post op and the MRI confirms I've reherniated my disc. I'm in the hospital waiting to see what we do next.
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
~Christopger Robin
>:D< >:-D< :hug:

• Mama-SchueMMama-Schue Posts: 337
    edited 10/18/2013 - 3:39 AM
    I am so sorry to hear that, it is very dissapointing to find out, I know. Just remember it's not your fault, these things just happen. Please know that we are all here for you. Keep us informed as to what happens next. :(

I'm coming up on 2 weeks post-op and I'm getting nervous because that is when I re-herniated the first time. I still continue to have cramping pain in my hip and leg. I also get muscle spasms in my back around the surgical site. I have been trying to less activity than I did the first time but I'm still not sure it is enough. I spend most of my day laying in bed hoping that will help. I fear that if I re-herniate for a third time I have nothing left but to have a fusion. This past 9 months have been hard on me and my family. I really hope for the best this time.

L4-L5 Herniated 02-02-2013 (Slipped on Ice)
    L4-L5 MicroD 08-07-2013, Reherniated 10-21-2013
    L4-L5 MicroD Revision 10-07-2013, Reherniated 10-17-2013
    L4-L5 PLIF/TLIF 10-02-2013
    Released From Surgeon & All Restrictions 03-06-2014