Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weird symptom

So I am scheduled for C6/7 ACDF on Tuesday. I have had pain that radiates down my arm into my hands, I've also have numbness in my hands and forearms, but now I've acquired a weird new symptom and wonder if anyone else has had this.
Last Thursday while putting on my sneakers and bending my neck down, I have a weird sensation that goes down my left leg. It starts up at buttocks area, travels down my my back thigh and stops right behind my knee. It does not hurt, it more like a electric shock going down my leg, and now happens every time I look down or bend my neck downward. Anyone else ever have this?

• I've felt like bubbles were in leg veins. Felt like viens were "sissing"..felt pain from my butt down inside thigh to ankle. Finger get numb, shoulders draw up...felt like tingling in shoulders..

All kinds weird stuff...none all the time.
  • Cervical injuries often cause leg problems because a lot of them are along the central spinal area. If the problem is not addressed in a certain period of time it can affect other discs and cause numbness and tingling in the legs
  • I had the same surgery and I had odd symptoms before and after surgery, although I would say my surgery was successful. T would have pain in my butt and feet that came and went. PT said it was because of my neck pain I was carrying my body a different way while walking. The pain in my neck was always so much greater, I just ignore all the other pains. After surgery you will have some strange pains they may last 2-5 days, but they all went away. If you want to message me during your recovery, please do. It is sometimes mentally isolating feeling the strange things your body does. Good Luck on Tuesday!!
  • Hi, hope everything is going good with your recovery. I'm scheduled for acdf c-3-c6. With corpectomy. I'm scared to death. Mostly about recovery. The swallowing issues and possible choking problems. The pain I can deal with, even though I have had no pain...only numbness, tingling and sharp shooting down my arm, across chest and shoulder and up the neck. All on the left side. Did you have any choking or swallowing issues? I live alone so I'm hoping I can get through this with minimal help. I do have friends coming in to feed etc. my pets. They will come buy twice a day. We're you able to get up to go to the bathroom, get a drink of water etc? What could you absolutely not do that you were not prepared for? Anything you wish you had at home when you came home? Anything you can tell me I would appreciate. Thanks and take care,
  • I had something what sounds to be very similar. My doctor said it was Lhermitte's or something like that. I would definitely mention it to your surgeon and see what he says. I hope your surgery went well and that your recovery is swift!
    C3-C6 herniated causing severe foraminal stenosis pressing against the left ventral aspect of the spinal cord.