Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain and Sleep

I am suffering with poor sleep due to pain in my hips and legs. I had a Tlif July 18th and it did resolve the Right sided pain, but I wound up with a new problem with left leg pain. I am currently at a consistant pain level of 6-7 a day. I am doing PT also.

I find that even with my pain medication and sleep medication my pain breaks through and wakes me up. I have pillows under my knees and elevate my knees when sleeping on my back. I woke up almost every 2 hours last night with leg and hip pain. It seemed like my whole body weight was on my hip, then when I switched sides it happened on the other side. All night. I am exhausted from this. I need some help. I spend my day fighting being exhausted from not sleeping.

I plan on asking my doctor when I go again. I take lyrica for nerve pain, narcotic and rx sleeping meds. I am at a loss why the pain is kicking my butt.
40 year old mom
Tlif July 18

• I used to want to get up certain time everyday. But I can't. I get up at nite with back an have to walk aroung the house. Sit at table etc. After a while I can sleep. Some times not. I will b awake till 5/6 in the morning.

I don't fight it anymore. When I can sleep I do. When I need get up I do. Rarely 8 hour sleep time..
  • You may be taking too many meds that can cause drowsiness which can sometimes cause the opposite effect. The meds may be what's keeping you awake. Asking your doc is the right way to go.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2