Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Accidentally twisted back!!!!!

So I had a microdisc 1 week and 2 days ago on my l4/l5/s1. it was a massive herniated disc putting alot of pressure on my spine causing "severe stenosis" and of course smashing up my nerves. i was unable to walk for more than 2 min for about 9 weeks! after surgery i wont say i had immediate relief and all my symptoms were gone, they werent but things were def better. over the past week ive had ups and downs and ups and downs. one day feeling way better the next having numbness and tingling and burning pain in both legs (pre surgery it was only one leg). The drs nurse keeps saying to give it time as its so soon after so ive been trying my best not to freak out. but its so hard!!!!
so yesterday was actually a good day (after a very bad night) and i hardly had any pain when walking/standing... only time i had pain was this intense muscle pain in my back/butt i get when getting up from standing (nothing new)....i went to bed last night, still no pain... so great.
then i accidentally in a sleepy state twisted my back last night in bed. immediately i felt a shooting pain down my leg, and its that nerve pain. not nearly as bad as presurgery but im seriously freaked out. i woke up this morning and felt nothing laying there but as soon as i got up and walked/stood for more than a couple minutes, the nerve pain was coming back just like before surgery. im so scared.
i know no one can say for sure without seeing an mri... i was just wondering has anyone else reherniated after a accidental twist??? i have a dr appt tomorrow so hopefully i can get an answer but im afraid he will ignore my concern and just tell me to wait it out. being told to wait it out was how i had to be bedridden for 9 weeks with a newborn baby.... i had to beg a dr for an mri to find out i had the herniated disc.

i dont know if it matters but the surgeon told me he is almost positive i cant reherniate it because of the massive amount of disc he took out - he said he didnt think there was anything left in the disc....and id prolly need a fusion in a few years from now. is that a real fact or just his opinion...idk.

• EMS GuyEEMS Guy Posts: 920
    edited 10/20/2013 - 1:55 PM
    The surgeon who worked on you knows first hand by actually looking at your spine what's up. It's a coin toss as to what you've done, but after surgery, it doesn't take much to cause pain. I wouldn't get too concerned just yet. Tell your doc what's going on and see what he/she says.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • ya i figured and i know only the dr will know or an mri...i was just curious if anyone else if having as much pain as me 9 days after surgery