Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

3 disc fusions(lumbar region)

In 2007 I had 3 disc replaced, 8 months after I started experiencing constant palpitation (Electric current) like sensation from my back running down my legs very severe and very painful and its just gotten worst, my hardest part of the day is when I wake up very painful to get out of bed, I've lost my balance, can't walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. I have to constantly have to be changing my posture and need to always have a place to lay down throught the day which makes it hard for me to be out in outings for I can't give my back the rest I need. I have applied for SSI this past April 2013 and just a eek ago I was given an appointment to a Disability Doctor he performed all the tests and told me I had less strength in my left leg, from the medical paperwork that was provided to him none of them said I had 3 disc fusions. He told me it seemed that I was not going to get better if I considered trying Medical Marijuana because its obvious that pain meds are just going to be going higher in dosage and why would I want to be living everyday drugged to the point that I wont be able to function. I don't know if any of you have experienced this and what are my chances in winning my SSI? I have years of medical history and I'm currently taking Fentanyl and Norco which fentanyl makes me very forgetful and loose concentration.

• TylerTTyler Posts: 2
    edited 10/26/2013 - 5:41 PM
    I have had 4 back surgeries with 3 of them being Fusions,and I still can't get on it. In 2011 I had my Dr fill out 4 pages of paperwork saying why I should be on SSD and even with a Lawyer still get turned down. If you are depending on SS they lie to you to find any way to deny your claim.