Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Weakness in back

I have a herniated disc and several others that are bulging. I've been dealing with this for two years now. My sciatica is better, but I have a lot of back pain. Now I feel very weak in my back and cannot stand on my feet for more than a few minutes. I feel like I can't hold myself up straight. My husband and my doctor think it is all in my head. Anyone else experience this feeling of weakness?

• Have you had a recent MRI to see what the current status is of the herniation and bulges? Most of us have some bulges in our spines, and many of them are found incidentally in MRI. Depending on the extent of the bulge and location ( contact with the nerve roots or not) can help to determine whether or not you have any nerve involvement.
    What treatments have you undergone to treat these problems?
    Do you walk each day? Participate in physical therapy? Are you currently taking any medications ?
    The weakness can occur because of stenosis of the nerves where they exit or the canal itself..........
  • I think you should need regular exercise. If you take some exercise like yoga then you can get rid of all types of weakness and pain.