Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scars and Clothes

I had a tlif in July for a L5-S1. Now that tthe weather cooled off I am having problems with wearing pants or jeans that fit over my scars. I have a longer on on the left side and a longer one that is broken in 2 on the right. I am having a hard time with the pressure from the waist band. I work in a professional job and can't wear yoga pants. I went shopping for a bigger size but those pants were to big. I feel down trying to dress and accomodate my scars. Any ideas or techniques you can share. I sweat a lot to when i dress to warm.
40 year old mom
Tlif July 18

• Have you tried the thin cotton(ish) dance leotard. Not the shiny ones but the soft ones? Natural fabric so it breaths better. I found those helped me tremendously the first many months after all of my surgeries. It was a barrier between my skin/scar and pants. Not sure if it will help you, but thought I'd throw that out there. I also found that jeggins were much softer for going out on the weekends and khakis for work were better than the harder jean material.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I will look at khaki type pants. The leotard idea is good to. I could never wear jeggings. I would look like a massive sausage.
    40 year old mom
    Tlif July 18