Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8 weeks post op

I had L5 S1 micro disckectomy on 9/9/13 and since have completed 5 weeks 3 times a week P/T and my pain leval in my right leg has stayed at a 5/6 but my right leg and foot is still numb ?? But my worry is my left side which isn't even where my problem was before surgery. My left leg pain is at a 8/9 at all times it is so weak and my butt and hip gets cold and a pain shoots around to my inner thigh. I'm in pain all day everyday and I went outside this morning and it was a very cold morning and my left leg wouldn't work I just couldn't get it to move. After a few min it started to work but the pain was horrible. My physical therapist says it just takes time to heal but I know my body and this is not normal this pain is 100 times worse than it was before my first surgery on my right side. I don't know what else to do I am so frustrated I wanna be normal again I'm only 38 yrs old with a 6 yr old son who needs his mother and I can't do anything for him like I used too

• I am 12 weeks post and starting to feel pain on my other side also.

I had severe stenosis and am numb and cold, still even after surgery

My PT told.me that the numbness (sensory nerves) may never heal and I will always be numb
    But my good news is that my weakness in my leg and foot has decreased and that i have regained strength.
    This is very early on to get strength back

Hang in there, you are earlier in your recovery than me

Patience has never been a strength of mine, but I am trying hard to hang in there too