Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie from GA having anACDF

trbleshterttrbleshter Posts: 7
edited 11/19/2013 - 8:59 AM in New Member Introductions
Good afternoon everyone.

I'm having a one level ACDF done this Friday C-4/C-5.

ANY ADVICE WOULD be appreciated. Especially for the nerves.

Thanks in advance for the insight and all the best,

Level - One & Done

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights:

- Spine-Health contains detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal conditions and treatment

- The Wellness section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.

- Under the Resource tab, there is a section Doctor Advice Health Center which can be invaluable.

- As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 20,600 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts do not violate any of the rules.

- As a new member, it is helpful to understand the 'makeup' of these forums, how to make posts, tips on adding images and much more. You should read Forum FAQ

Here are some links you should take a look at:
    Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/spinehealth, Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/ , and Twitter @SpineHealth.

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to contact any one of the moderators on my team:

Ron DiLauro

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • trbleshter said:
    Good afternoon everyone.

I'm having a one level ACDF done this Friday C-4/C-5.

ANY ADVICE WOULD be appreciated. Especially for the nerves.

Thanks in advance for the insight and all the best,

Hi there just read your post. Im waiting to see a neurosurgeon mself for surgery so dont have any advice but I certainly hope your surgery went wel and you are on the bright road to recovery!
  • trbleshterttrbleshter Posts: 7
    edited 11/24/2013 - 5:48 AM
    Surgery completed in less than three hours on 11/22. My doctor is a real professional who knows his craft. I thank God for him his staff and the entire staff of professionals that cared for me while at the hospital.

Post edited by Liz (moderator) to remove health care facility name.

Level - One & Done
  • I'm in North GA, close to Chattanooga. Are u any where near here?

I haven't had any surgery yet...
  • I'm from Georgia :) My advice... eat the pecan pie. Happy Thanksgiving! Glad your surgery went well.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
    edited 12/01/2013 - 4:36 PM
    I feel so good a week and a day after Acdf c4-5 I can't believe it. What is the absolute worst thing I can do right about now to hurt my recovery process. Any info will help. I do however feel as if I've got a huge lump in my throat. I understand this is normal and may last a few weeks.
    Level - One & Done
  • We'll folks, I'm almost a month out from my surgery and feeling relatively good. In spite of the fact that I fell down a flight of stairs on 12/03. Good thing I had my collar on. My GP seems to think I may have loosened some hardware. Im disinclined to agree. I have general discomfort I attribute to healing. Still a little difficult to swallow and my neck is always sore. No where near the pain level I was before the surgery in terms of discomfort. All in all so far I'm better. I am a little concerned. About this new dull pain in my neck that's always there . Any insights???
    Level - One & Done
  • ? I would b freaking out.!!! Hope you didn't hurt anything. Glad you are feeling better.
    edited 12/16/2013 - 7:33 AM
    For a couple of days I did "Freak out". I am a little concerned about this constant "new pain" that get worse the longer I sit.
    I'll just keep monitoring my pain. I guess I should keep a pain log too.
    Level - One & Done