Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about first time UA with New PM doctor..

Does anyone know why the new pain management clinic I am going to called me about my (10 panel) drug screen..just to tell me that it showed positive for oxycodone which I was prescribed by my last doctor and made that very clear to my new doctor before the drug screen. I just switched to this PM clinic within the last two weeks. I basically just want to know if that's normal or not for them to call and tell me the results like that. Also my doctor won't prescribe me anything till I follow up about the UA. I was to afraid to ask if anything else showed up because I thought it might make them suspicious...even though I did not take anything else. Has this happened to anyone else??
advertisement

Comments

• sandisandi Posts: 6,302
    edited 12/04/2013 - 10:01 AM
    First, welcome to Spine Health. Can I ask why you had medications from one doctor, but are now seeing a second PM doctor? The reason that they most likely called you is that they were not expecting you to have medication in your system if you are coming to them as a new patient. Unless you made it clear to them that they were not taking over your care, most PM offices do a first visit urine screen to make sure that you aren't showing up with any street or other drugs in your system. Did you also bring in your current prescription for the medication to show them that you are in fact, prescribed those meds?
    I hope that you terminated your relationship with the old/previous doctor and didn't accept any new prescriptions from this new doctor at the same time, because that is considered doctor shopping in almost every state.
    Didn't you ask them why they were calling you with the result? and what it meant?
    It could mean that they considered your urine 'dirty" and therefore are not going to accept you as a patient, or it could simply be their office policy to let you know the 'results.'
    One way or another, I think that I would be calling them to find out why they called and what it means for their taking on you as a patient.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    edited 12/04/2013 - 10:13 PM
    Just tell the Dr that these meds were prescribed and you were taking as prescribed when you switched drs. I had not issues after that. At least not with that problem.
    Susan
  • paininohioppaininohio Posts: 240
    edited 12/05/2013 - 4:43 AM
    Same here, was prescribed meds by my primary and he gave me enough until my new PM doctor took over. He knew up front before I took the test and actually just continued me on what my primary had me on.