Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Never,Ever Give Up!..Low Back Pain for the last 16 years...

ok, this is basically an update for my saying, Never,Ever Give UP!! I fell 16 years ago & had Doc tell me my pain was all in my head . Finally found a Doc after about 6 years to help me, of course I've been through the typical rehabilitation and therapies plus oral meds and even pain patches.Even had a spinal Fusion surgery scheduled until I researched (as asked by Doc) & thought I had osteoporosis which cancelled the surgery.Since then it has been pain meds & shots..you know the ones, epidurals that hurt real bad but help a little.
Well, I have moved and have all new Doctors, I have a spinal cord stimulator implant that is being taken out(another failed attempt @ pain control) but the wonder of it for me is, this new Doc is doing a Meylogram with CT Scan to see if he can help me with my pain! If the test shows him anyway he can help me, he will remove the stimulator and do anything he can to fix/help low back pain, @ the same time!!!So I only need to go through one surgery!!So, as I first said..Never, Ever, Give UP!!!!! P.S. wish me luck on my DX test!! Thanks and gentle hugs to all~~~Mia
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,060
    Is the Attitude that really counts

I love it.

NEVER GIVE UP!
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Mia, I know how it feel when no one believes. For 2 years, my immediate supervisor and the clinic docs told me there was nothing wrong with me. They gave me motrin then sent me back to work. I was very depressed. I was in a lot of pain, but because I could push through it, those around me would say I was weak or faking. And yes, they said it to my face a couple of times. I never asked to get an MRI because I thought the military would make me pay for it. Eventually, I got a primary care manager who also had back pain. The MRI confirmed that I had a herniated disc and other skeletal issues. I was so relieved when I found out, I cried.
This discussion has been closed.