Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lower right back pain only when driving

cabbie889ccabbie889 Posts: 6
edited 12/09/2013 - 9:58 PM in Lower Back Pain
I hope somebody here can help me with this. Im 25 years old male, been driving cab for 4 years on and off. About month and half ago i started getting sudden pain only on lower right side of my back and it only happened when im driving my cab. i would ignore it and it would go away. But slowly it has gotten worse because now i get pain all the time im sitting in my cab on my lower back on right side only and sometimes above my hip on that side. My family doctor said scoliosis but xray and ultrasound all came negative, then she said i probably have pulled muscle. Is it possible to get pulled muscle for two months from just sitting and driving? i have tried stretching exercises, change posture, buy car seat for back pain, took pills, none of that helped. Only thing that helps is if i wear heat therapy wraps around my back then i dont feel pain sitting and driving. Any idea what could be wrong, should i see a physiotherapist or chiropractor( if my spine needs adjustment)? Any advice please, it will help thanks

• Just curious, how thick is your wallet and which pocket is it in?
  • cabbie889ccabbie889 Posts: 6
    edited 12/11/2013 - 11:01 PM
    Hi ive never drove with things in my pocket, i place my wallet, phone etc in the glove compartment. I have changed to another car but samething. I have friends driving taxi for years without any problem, and im only 25 and i havent even been driving for that long. I wanna fix this cuz i make a living out of this so thats why im wondering from accupucture, chiropractor and physiotherapy which one i should try , or should i just go try all one by one since my problem is not healing on its own
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 12/12/2013 - 5:07 PM
    I have had 4 spine surgeries. My first in 1994 was a lamenectomy L4-5 in which I had horrible sciatica. After surgery my ortho said NO driving for 2weeks and then only for appts for next 4 weeks. I did not drive for about 4 weeks and remember my first time well. By the Time I got to appt. The spasms were so bad and pain shooting down leg. Although it went away quickly once I started walking but it scared me. My surgeon said driving is the worst thing possible for back. Had 2 more lamenectomies of L4-5 in 2008 and didn't drive for several months due to surgeries only being 3 weeks apart due to re-herniation. After that if I drive or even ride I must take frequent breaks or pay for days. My husband has sciatica on right side and his doctor said that reason more on right is pushing down on gas and brakes. When I had sciatica on left side I had to give up driving a stick shift due to pain. I believe it has to do with position of body to legs while driving or riding that puts pressure on lower back. I know it hurts terribly even after all these yrs.:(

This discussion has been closed.