Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange symptoms all over body, spine related?

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Please take the time to read this post and refer to it when you have questions

I am sure that you will find your time on Spine-Health very rewarding. This site is a powerful and integrated system that is dynamic and growing.
    Here are just some of the highlights that are available as tabs on the main Spine-Health menu bar

Spine-Health Main Menu Tabs

Conditions Detailed medical libraries of articles and videos that address almost every spinal condition.
    Treatment List of treatments to the conditions identified by Spine-Health.
    Wellness Section contains articles, tips and videos to help patients after surgery and also to help people avoid surgery.
    Spine-Health Forums These are the forums you will be using
    Find A Doctor This provides with a method to search for doctors in various locations.
    Doctor Advice Health Center The Resource tab, has many important features. You can browse various doctor advice on given spinal situations, you can browse clinical trials and view a comprehensive glossary..
    Health Videos Index to all Spine-Health Videos

As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family[/u] who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts[u] do not violate any of the rules.[/u]

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to[u] contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I had been ill for over a year and my doc just kept saying spine issues. Ive had 8 surgeries to date. I knew something else was wrong and i was at my wits end. I made a appointment with my family dr told him I am not leaving this office until you either put me in the hospital to figure out what is going on or either you start doing test. Im not leaving this chair until we have a plan, He began ordering test. Long story short I had osteomylitis. Domt give up and be more demanding. You know something is wrong so dont give up
  • Thanks, I really hope your feeling better, you know what I learned in life, to never take it grow granted again, I am more aware of sick people now and my prayers go out to everyone who is suffering. I'm glad you responded cause it really does give me hope, I hope you get better, good for you for not giving up.
  • I'm going to do the same thing as you and demand every test I refuse to let them pass me off like that they are not the ones feeling the pain
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    All my blood work at first came out normal and I think that is why my doc just kept blowing me off. The first test he ordered was a bone scan and it showed infection at lumbar area. I dropped him as my PCP because i was tired of not being taken seriously. It took 7 weeks IV antibiotics and then followed for another 09 months oral antibiotics then surgery to repair all the damage. Good luck and dont give up.
    By the way night sweats are a big indicator of spine infection along with weight loss
  • barcabbarca Posts: 24
    edited 01/08/2014 - 12:53 PM
    sorry to hear you are going through this....i know its very controversial but have you had a Western Blot Lymes test done....your symptoms match very much with a lot of people who end up on Lyme disease forums....almost a complete match to be honest.

Lymes is a divisive topic in the medical community...If I was you I would at least look into it and do so with a critical and analytical mind....be careful to try and avoid the scam doctors if you do.

let us know what you find out.

its never just in your head....any doctor who tells you that is either lazy or incompetent. certainly are state of mind can always play a role but its never the whole story. NEVER!!!!
  • monicahollmmonicaholl Posts: 9
    edited 03/07/2014 - 11:51 AM
    I has similar symptoms to yours (though I feel freezing cold instead of hot) and have been put off by my doctor for over two years. For the last two, maybe even three years I've been seeing my doctor with various complaints. on two occasions I called an ambulance first due to feeling very dizzy and having numb right hand and second time when my face dropped on the right side but recovered after ten minutes. As I'm female and have two young kids so I guess I must fit the profile for overstressed mums. I've been told over and over that I've got panic attacks, anxiety or depression. I have a busy but happy life and I'm not depressed but as both my glycemia and blood pressure were ok and my heart seemed oh I got to a stage where I just believed it was all in my head. however, following the episode with the face drop my doctor finally agreed to refer me to a neurologist. I've had an mri and it seems to show lots of problems with my spine. I've now been referred for a second mri and hopefully get a diagnosis soon. I just wanted to say that it is worth education yourself and pushing for tests to be done especially when symptoms are confusing. doctors are not infallible and as my doctor admitted to me she knows not very much about spine disorders, which probably explains why she kept telling me I had anxiety - she just couldn't think of anything else that could explain such varied symptoms
  • Unfortunately as women, we have to be more of an advocate than men do. Since I was a teenager, I was brushed off by doctor after doctor. My mother was told that since my father just died from heart disease, my chest pain, shortness of breath , palpitations, and terrible pains in my abdomen were all hysterical reaction of a sensitive young female. My mother did not accept the diagnoses and continued to seek out other opinions until she found out that I had a duodenal ulcer, a heart murmur, erratic heart beats and MVP. I have learned that doctors often treat women differently than men. So my advice to you is to keep searching.
    My only question to you is what meds are you taking, even over the counter drugs? Many pain meds can cause some of the side effects including intestinal issues, nausea, dizziness, inability to focus and night sweats.
    If you have not had an MRI of the cervical area, you do not know if there is any nerve damage or impingement from cervical disk herniation. I hope you find a doctor who will help you. Keep us in the loop please.
  • I have the same symptoms and will seek medical help by next week. Hope it's not that much of a hassle for me.
  • Or it's symptoms, etc., but I do know 3 people who had it, but were not diagnosed for a long time. I also know that when testing is done, it doesn't always come up positive the first time around. Barca sounds like he/she knows what they are talking about, I think it would be worth going onto a Lyme's disease forum & see what those folks have to say.

Also, some of your symptoms could be caused by some meds you are taking, even OTC's. Even if you read the possible side effects when you started taking them, go back through & carefully reread them again. I did that with neurontin, & figured out that was causing me to have slurred speech, balance issues (even worse than I have naturally) & serious memory issues. It did nothing for my leg pain, so that was the end of that.

Also, I hate to bring up the "c" word, but have you had blood work to rule out cancer? If not, I'd talk to your dr & ask for that, just to give you piece of mind. Your symptoms just seem all over the place, & if it were me, I'd just want to rule it out.

One other idea, if you live near a university hospital, you may want to give that a shot. Challenging patients are great learning experiences for up & coming Dr's, & you may very well get more attention than you are getting now.

You are not alone in your frustration to figure out what's going on with your body. Many of us have been, or are in the same boat, & we will support you in your journey.

We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand