Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe neuropathy 16 months after surgery and Lyme Disease

Hi all.

Had a microdiscetctomy in July, 2012, to relieve L5S1. Two other discs were still mildly ruptured, but he opted not to treat them at the time.

Still some mild pain, especially after sneezing, and getting out of chairs is still tough, but manageable.

For several months after the surgery most of my right leg was numb...much of that was better by Valentine's Day. But my right foot still feels like it's on fire much of the time, especially after walking and, strangely, laying flat. I wonder if this is permanent.

dr. put me on gabapentin, but it made me so sick I couldn't handle it.

Then, to make matters worse, in September I collapsed, and bloodwork showed that I had Lyme Disease and Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever present. I never saw the traditional physical warning signs, especially the bulls-eye.

He thinks I got the bites on the right leg, and I just couldn't feel it.

Sometimes I think the injury wasn't as bad as the recovery!

• 4/5 years ago. Got the bulls eye an everything! I freaked out an left work went straight to er. Went thru 2/3 weeks of treatment an they said they got it in time.

Then 2 years ago when I got so sick with my back an neck, I wondered did they really get it in time. I just went down so fast ...course I was blaming everything...but still.