Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Three month post op

What a difference a month makes! I had my 3 month post op appointment yesterday. I had a three level lumbar fusion Sept 27th. The X-ray looked perfect so my doctor said I could quit wearing the brace. I ripped it off one second later. No sign of fusion yet but it's still early. I can now start to bend and twist. My pain level is so much better than a month ago. I still take a couple of Norco a day but can see a day where I won't need them. I have zero nerve pain which is great! Just low back, but quite a bit less than before surgery. I can even sit thru a restaurant meal which I haven't been able to in years. I'm walking 2 miles a day and have been cleared to use my elliptical and stationary recumbent bike and lift light weights. All in all, I think I'm one of the success stories. Happy new year everyone.
Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil

• I meet with my surgeon at 11 this morning to discuss fusion and most likely set a date. I didn't sleep much at all last night ( pain and anxiousness) so it's very refreshing for me to hear a success! I pray that you continue to heal and that the nightmare for you is over :)

Herniation of l5 S1 l4 , DDD , microdisectomy in June 2013 and re herniation in September
    Cervical herniation at C5-7 Jan 2014 with impingement of spinal cord. 2 level cervical fusion Feb. 2014 and 2 level lumbar fusion in April 2014
  • My fusion was a success overall. It was about 2.5 years ago. I know the road yo recovery can be tough but for me it was worth it. I'm so happy to see someone else doing well. Chronic severe back pain is terrible. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Keep up the walking by the way. It helps a lot!
  • I go for my 6 week check up in Monday. I had my L4-S1. Glad you are doing so well. I am down to two OxyCod a day. I can walk for 1/2 mile or more and now doing cooking and light cleaning. Watching not to bend or twist. I still do tired but getting better each day. Did you do PT? I am going to ask about hydrotherapy ? I hope I follow in your foot steps! Happy New Year
  • No formal PT. My doctor said it was my choice. I told him that I've had so much PT over the years that I could probably teach a class in it. I'm doing it on my own at home. I really credit lots of walking and little upright sitting to my recovery. I have an awesome Swedish leather ergonomic recliner. Not a big squishy one, in fact it's rather hard, but I think it's made mainly for back patients. I love it!
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil