Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anyone out there with Developmental spinal stenosis????

Hi everyone!
I was finally diagnosed about 18 mnths ago, i'm 39 yrs old and been in pain since 14 yrs old, admittedly on an off when i was younger. Since 1999 its been progressively worse with sciatica symptoms, and severe, to chronic, lower back pain and nerve pains and aches in my legs, occasionally arms.

I was offered an op but i'd only just been diagnosed, i was freaked out and scared. So I said i'd wait and try meds..... . .
Also, good or bad, i wanted to know what exactly was wrong. I wanted to understand what was happening to me,
Sometimes its really bad and i cant move, my back locks and i get a severe pain in my back and leg, other times its manageable...... . . Why is it so on and off?????

I have tried to find info on my diagnosis but all i find is info on spinal stenosis? but mine is different isn't it. When ever i ask i don't seem to get an answer no one knows anything about my Diagnosis and just redirect me to some one else. So for the last 6 mnths i have shut down taken pain meds that i shouldn't and now i sit here with slight withdraws, I don't know what to do i don't have any thing in my life to distract me, I don't work, no kids, no hobbies, i have no interest in any thing. I'm on anti-depressants, another thing I've been on and off for 20 yrs.

I've been told that exercise helps but that's hard to do when your in pain and unmotivated, I have a dog and do walk him when i ca, he is my motivation.

Can i get help fro this forum or am I on the wrong sit???

Many Thanks AV