Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm stumped, does it belong here or pain mgt

This was the first time I have ever run into problems with my insurance company. I am not going to mention the company name, but that would be wrong to do.

This past Friday, I went to see my doctor for my monthly checkout and she wrote a script for my monthly Oxycodone IR Capsules. Well no one in a 50 mile radios had the capsules. Only the tablets. I did find one drugstore that had about 50% of my script. I needed to get the refill based on my current usage and daily intake. The drug stroe had all sorts of problems. Could not get my script approved by the insurance company. Insurance company said I was not "Connected" Spent two days trying to resolve this.

Today, the hospital where my wife works and where our Insurance is from had their HR dept contact the insurance company. No luck, now we were being told , we have an invalid group number.

The insurance company has not been all that helpful and told me it would take up to 72 hours to resolve the issue. So, I needed to purchase my script outright without insurance.

It seemed that between the Drug store (not just one drug store) and this insurance carrier, multiple requests for medications were being rejected for the same reason. I was told it was a computer problem.....

Just have to wonder.... Has anyone out here had to fill a script this week? Did it go through ok?
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Sorry for the problem on Wed I see the neuro and I 'm asking him for more norco hope I get it. Do you think obamacare went into effective Jan. 1. Could that be the glitch? I hope I don't start having problems with my blood plasma. That costs thousands of dollars monthly. Great I would like to know how long it takes to get that straightened out.
  • Hi Ron, I actually had a problem where my new prescription card would not work at the issuing insurance company's own stores. But my new card did work at their main competitor. I had problems last year getting my script for plavix refilled, took seven days, and I suffered a heart attack due to it. The other funny part is that I used to be an IT Architect consultant who advised this company on how to re-architect their IT system and they did not choose too at that time. Hopefully no one will suffer any consequences due to these type of problems that are preventable.