Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going back to work after fusion

Monday is the day I go back to work part time. It has been it is 8 wks post fusion. Any suggestions? Even thou I have been working at home I know it will be different. To tell u the truth I am not looking forward to it. Since I am having trouble sleeping, it will not be easy getting up at 7am. What has been some of your experiences? Thanks Judy

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Any suggestions that I may have really depends on the answer to that
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I am a financial office manager so it is paperwork that I do at home. In this computer era, I have access to my computer at work. In fact I have gotten more work done at home quicker than when inam in the office. Also due to the fact that I am having a hard time sleeping, I can work at the oddest hours.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    I did for years, and my last 3 years with IBM, I worked excusivel8y from home. And I fully understand that you can do more from home. There is less interruptions, so you can just get the work done. Plus as you said, you can do this at different times of the day. Could be early morning, afternoon or late at night.

But still, while you at home, you think its safe and less of an impact. I know when I was working at home, I could be at the computer for several hours, non stop because I had no interrupts. Did I get more work done? Yes, but I suffered for it.

I have also gotten up at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning, cause something came to me that I wanted to work on then.

You still need to take those breaks. No more than 75 minutes at the computer. You need to get up walk and stretch. Its easier doing this from home. Give yourself a 15 minutes stretch and rest period before going back to work.

Its easier to push yourself more when you work from home. Its a matter of discipline and making sure you don't ignore the limitations and restrictions given to you.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Boy are you so right about working at home versus going into the office. I was very conscious about getting up at work and walking around. I think my biggest problem is getting into the lower drawers at work. I am so glad the doctor has me working part time. I was so tired today ( 1st day) that I came home and fell asleep in my chair!!