Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Numbness after surgery

It's been 10 months since my lower back fusion. I still have numbness down my buttocks, outer part of my legs, numb calves and very numb feet. I can tell my lower back is much better strength-wise after the surgery and I have no pain. The inner part of my thighs and my genital area are fine. I went back to my surgeon on a recent check up and was told that there still may be some issues below my surgery area that may effect the outside nerves down into my legs and fee.t I'm waiting for the approval on an MRI to see what's going on. Have any others of you had this type of experience?

• Yes, I had some minor leg surgery earlier this year, and my entire inside of my right calf muscle is numb. My doctor said the very small nerves were nudged during the operation and it will take months or longer for my numbness to subside. I also have a numb outer left thigh from my rhizotomy ablation procedure in 2012 and that hasn't come back yet either. I believe in that case, the neighboring nerve was damaged while they were burning the proper one.
    2015: Thoracic protrusions C7-T1, T3-4, T6-8
    Dec'13: 360FusionL4-S1 w/bone graft
    2013: 3x2-level disc injections: 12mo surgery postponement
    Dec'12: DiscogramL4-S1
    Sep/Oct'12: Bi-lateral Rhizo AblationsL4- S1