Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spouse using marijuana for chronic back pain

mamwaltersmamwalters Posts: 1
edited 01/21/2014 - 5:02 PM in Pain Medications
Spouse of a severe chronic back pain sufferer

• mcjimjammmcjimjam Posts: 307
    edited 01/21/2014 - 4:50 PM
    I don't know what his doctor has said, but in my view if the pain is intolerable and the only things that work are either narcotic painkillers or weed, you have to look at which is doing less harm. It sounds like you are saying the weed is doing more harm. If he was just dependent on the painkiller, rather than addicted, I would ask the doctor about going back onto some kind of narcotic. If he was addicted and taking more than prescribed, that's different, but simply being dependant is quite normal and not a huge problem.

If it were me, I would be trying to work with a pain management doctor to find a drug regime that works and is safe. Risking losing one's job and experiencing personality changes would not be acceptable for me.
  • I usually get condemned for bringing this topic up in the discussion but with the current surge of medical marijuana use in America and the projected use in the future, I'm wondering what the medical industry's view on the plant is as a medical treatment.

Reference: http://www.marijuanapackaging.com/blog/legal-marijuana-is-the-fastest-growing-industry-in-america/