Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Silly Question- Vacuuming

Can anyone tell me when you were allowed to vacuum? It is starting to drive me nuts that I cant do certain things. Maybe I am just getting impatient. I dont want to hurt myself. I had L4/5 L5/S1 fusion on November 26th. Doing great, do have lower back pain since I went back to work part time this week. Really feeling miserable today!! Guess these ups and downs are normal.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    you are using and just how much vacuuming you intend to do. The key here is to start with baby steps, see how you fare with that and then take it up a notch, wait to see how that feels, and so on.

But when there is any doubt, please call your doctor.

One of you last statements are ones that I believe 100% of people with spinal problems can relate to and understand.
    Over the years here, I have a couple of phrases that I use so often. The Roller Coaster Ride and The Beast

The Roller coast ride describes how we may have a good day, and then followed by a bad day, but never really know what we did to achieve those results. The other part is The Beast. This is something I coined back in 2007. Living in chronic pain for so long, I needed to identify the what why and who. The Beast is what I came away with.

Take a look at: Roller Coaster Ride

Another thread you might find interesting is A Day in a life

All of the above in much more can be found by visiting our FAQ
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Danigirl123DDanigirl123 Posts: 60
    edited 01/23/2014 - 4:57 PM
    From what my doctor said-I had no restrictions after surgery. He said everything is pretty secure in there with rods and the screws so therefore he said do what your body feels. I guess it all depends on what restrictions if any your doctor gave you. Also, what your body can handle. I was vacuuming 2 weeks after multi level spine fusion..
    Hope you feel better soon!!
    28 F. Chicago. Fusion from t-12 l-4 from scoli in June 2013. Torn bilateral hip labrums. Arthroscopy to fix labrums January 2013 and march 2013. SI pain from hip surgery Lupus, RA, antiphosphidlipid antibody- hypermobility syndrome ( Marfan syndrome)