Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No arthritis tablets after PLIF

Hi .. Having a two level PLIF in two weeks ... Severe arthritis in my back, but also my knees and hands. Have been told not to take my naproxen for 6 weeks or more after the op. Any suggestions for the knee pain in particular?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    edited 02/04/2014 - 2:20 PM
    I think you will get the most comfort from heat.. I always like to ice for a while (10-15 minutes) and then use heat.

There are a number of topical creams that work to help deal with the pain. I use a product called BioFreeze. Its not available in stores, but from the internet you can purchase it.

My doctor has also prescribed Voltaren Gel for my arthritis. That really helps, but you will need a prescription for it.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you ... I already find bio freeze helpful, the voltarol gel less so. Will try the ice packs ... Also find he higher palm patches useful
  • You can also try Epsom salt baths or compressions. I have the voltaren gel as well and it works great
    alif l4-s1