Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best laptop bag?

MelissaRMMelissaR Posts: 1
edited 02/05/2014 - 11:17 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hello folks.hoping to find advice on messenger bags. I read today's post 10 Best Laptop Setups The only tip the author provided was to "carry your bag across your lower back in a messenger bag style."

I walk about 1.2 miles a day to work and then again back home. I'm a fast walker and I often wear good walking shoes. I have a messenger back that I usually wear at my lower back or over my butt. I carry my laptop and occasionally a book or notebook, so it's a relatively light load. For the past half year or so, about as long as I've been walking, I've been suffering from lower back pain. I've tried all sorts of exercises and regiments to help relieve it, but now I'm wondering if the bag is actually the problem.

Are some bags better than others? I'm assuming a backpack is probably my best bet, but I would prefer a bag that can also be my purse, i.e. something not too cumbersome that I can take to lunch or whatnot. Any tips would be helpful.

• the best option is to try them out for yourself. Each of us have different issues, and the article only is a guide for most common problems, so it can be hit or miss as far as being effective for you.