Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi! I'm new here, but my sciatica is getting old

L-5/S-1 Fusion in 2002. Now, after being diagnosed with rt. hip labral tear, & surgery upcoming, sciatica equal on both sides has me thinking piriformis syndrome. Anyone else had labral tear surgery, or piriformis syndrome diagnosis & surgery? Thanx everyone! I'll try to be as helpful to you as I can with long back history & surgeries. =)

• test
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • it was ALIF and its been [unable to mention sh rules forbid me expressing my real amount of pain} for the last two years the pain from it has ruined my life I am up now after just one hours sleep .I knew when my abdominal cavity was opened that I would have problems and I was correct .I have at least two more operations this year all from the problems caused by the ALIF .I wish you well with your operation ..
    good luck
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • BreadmomBBreadmom Posts: 31
    edited 02/08/2014 - 3:26 PM
    Hi! I have not have surgery, so I can't comment on your question. But, I have also been diagnosed with a right labral hip tear. I also have disc herniations at L4/L5 and L5/S1 with nerve root compression. The disc issues and facet issues have caused me extreme sciatica that thankfully has been relieved with ESIs for the time being. I have trouble determining where my hip, groin and front of thigh pain is stemming from? Hip Dr says it's from the tear, and spinal problems do not cause hip and groin pain. However my physical therapist feels it is all stemming from my spine. And plenty of posters here have confirmed hip, groin, thigh pain caused by the spine. The facet injections seem to help the hip pain, but they wore off in a matter of weeks. I'm curious how your labral tear presents itself ? My hip Dr ordered 6 weeks of Pt ...which I completed easily..but the thigh pain persists. Apparently my tear is minor, so not necessarily surgical.
    I hope you get some answers and good luck with your surgery!