Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

mid back pain

justinjjustin Posts: 39
edited 02/09/2014 - 8:04 AM in Chronic Pain
why is it doctors just throw diagnosis's around just to get you out of the office? one doctor keeps telling me to take cybalta take Cymbalta. I did for 6 months and didn't help, went off it for 6 months. I go back to him and hes like go back on Cymbalta. im like dude that crap didn't work the first time you made me take it. I might be a little depressed for constant pain but like can you take 2 minutes to think whats the best way to treat this rather than selling me Cymbalta cause there sales guy gives him a free vacation to the Bahamas every year to promote the crap. im 30 years old and when I was a kid I thought doctors were gods because they took illnesses away but that was just the antibiotics.. now being 30 and in pain I now realize we are in a cut throat world. sorry guys I just needed to vent

Edited to remove inappropriate forum language. Please review the forum rules for more information.
Edited by Sandi

• I know what it's like when you just want to scream & rant!!! Chronic pain can be a living nightmare. I'm new here.. What's your diagnosis? What have they tried other than Cymbalta? I was on it for years & it didn't help but I have a friend who's found it really useful in combination with other meds..I guess we're all different.
    I live in America but I'm from England. Do doctors really get big incentives to prescribe different medications? I was seeing a Pain Management doctor who seemed to be switching 'everyone' to Exalgo...then suddenly he changed back to old meds. I thought this was just because the drug was new & showed promise. I then received a letter from my insurance saying Exalgo would no longer be covered. I assumed he knew this before his patients & that's why he stopped giving it. It didn't work for me so I didn't care but I know some found it effective...
    Sorry I'm rambling! I guess my question is.. Are doctors really influenced to write certain prescriptions? That can't be right. Am I naive? I should try to research this...
    I hope you're getting more help now.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.