Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

!! Need advice -Pain treatment post acdf-maybe just tell me where to post for exposure

miserable1mmiserable1 Posts: 22
edited 02/10/2014 - 5:23 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Can someone please tell me at least where to place this,so as I can maybe get some advice or insight
I am scheduled for acdf x 2 on the 19 of this mos. 1 of 3 herniated discs is leaning on cord
I have been truthful w/ my surgeon as far as meds I use for pain oxycodone 30 mg (6-8xper day) and long acting OPANA which I rarely take as they do nothing in combo w oxycodone. So I refuse to use them and develop yet another more difficult problem.i have had problems in past w taking too many oxys.(I know you all frown upon but this is the way it is.i don't deny being dependant and want nothing less than complete change.
I have tried time and time again to explain this to PM doc,who I do not care to return to after surgery due to a personal and professional matter w/ my youngest son.regarding change in meds.the only change he made was to give me fent,spray under tongue.THANKS (not used) so I don't run out early.
Suffice to say he is not the doctor I thought him to be. I'm sorry back to topic.
Surgeon told me he will take care of me and let's be real, my apparent dependency to narcotics.
He will do what it takes to control pain and ween me off.i have offered if all is well w/surgery results to enter detox if need be.
QUESTION AND CONCERN,I am extremely nervous and scared about surgery itself,and the care that will be given to me for dependency.
I choose not to be in post surgery pain and in WD at same time.?
EXPERIENCE,Has anyone else had similar concerns or gone through my above situation?
Will they give me a hard time at hospital.
Will switching PM docs be a problem if need be.
My surgeon says he will take care of me best he can for 90 days at which time he will ween me ,,if need be he will consult his PM docs @his practice.
Am I worried for no reason?
Do I have cause for concern.?
BTW,I believe son and GF are seeing my PM doc ,which is a story for another x(I HAVE TRIED TALKING TOO BOTH)@this x I can do nothing accept carry on,
THANK YOU should you choose to opine!
You will know the true benefits of life,by helping someone who can never repay you!