Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have been watching a movie, Windtalkers, story about WWII and how the Navajo Indians developed a code that the Japanese could not break.
Watching all the horror about war, I just couldn't help think about members here who are veterans of any war.

My sincere thanks to all of you who have sacrificed their lives for the freedom and well being of their country. This does not just apply to USA, it applies to veterans of any nation.

This is not a political post, just giving thanks to so many.

I myself was of age during the Vietnam war. Because of the draft requirements from different counties throughout the nation, my number (which was low 95) was never called.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• War movies frustrate me. Rarely will they tell a story truthfully without adding Hollywood to spice it up. My oldest son just enlisted in the Army National Guard. I wished he would have done the Air National Guard since I retired from the ANG and know the system. Learning how the Army does things is a new adventure for me.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • My dad came from Tipperary, Ireland. He served in the newly formed Irish Free State Army from 1934 - 1939. He then crossed the Irish Sea to Hollyhead in Wales and WALKED to Chichester (about 200 miles) where he had a cousin who owned a small building business and promised my dad regular work (there was no work in Ireland at that time). The work never really materialized and when Britain went to war with Germany in September 1939, he enlisted with the Hampshire Regiment. He served in France with the BEF (British Expeditionary Force) and was one of the last to escape from Dunkirk in June 1940. In 1942 he was part of "Operation Torch", the Allied invasion of North Africa. He was captured in February 1943 at Sidi Nsir, Tunisia.
    My Dad never really talked about his war exploits and it was only after his death in 1974 that I discovered what a heroic battle had taken place at Sidi Nsir where the Hampshires and the 155th Royal Artillery had sustained 60 per cent casualties in an effort to delay Rommel's dash to exploit the rout of allied forces at Kasserine Pass and escape with his army to the coast. The 24 hour delay was enough for the allies to regroup and then defeat the Afrika Korp.
    Though seldom mentioned in accounts of the North Africa Campaign I found this interesting account which includes some remarkable photograhs. I wish I could have shown this to my dad. http://ww2today.com/26th-february-1943-155th-battery-r-a-hold-german-attack-at-sidi-nsir.

I'm not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde