Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain meds

I have read several posts that talk about taking pain meds for several weeks post op. I am now at day 6 after L5/S1 fusion. I have not had to take any pain meds today and still feel good. I am worried that these pain meds are making me feel jittery and flu-like. Has anyone else felt this way after the surgery? Was it the pain meds or is it left over from the anesthesia? Thank you for any feed back.

• LC84LLC84 Posts: 599
    edited 02/25/2014 - 5:49 AM
    I personally have not had any negative reaction to my pain meds, but everyone is different. Also, I was on them for a while prior to surgery so my body is somewhat use to them. I know anesthesia can have some lasting affects. If you feel better without them, great. The Doc can always change meds if the pain worsens and the symptoms continue.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014