Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello...I'm new to this and hope I'm doing this correctly so here goes...I had a micro disksectomy Nov 26th 2013 on L5 S1 and I am still in pain...I take gabopenton and hydrocodone for the pain...I was released to go back to work after 12 wks of recovery and I'm having such a hard time being on my feet for 8 hrs with out having several sit down breaks each work day...I'm starting to think my surgery didnt work and am so frustrated and discouraged, it's like I'm back to square one! I'm so afraid I'll have to live with the pain for the rest of my life...The pain is thru my left butt cheek and down the back of my leg to my ankle, post surgery the pain is more intense in my lower leg and ankle...Do I have any hope of a full recovery with no more pain?
Ya Ya

• Did you talk to your Doc about this? I was told that nerves can take a long time to heal so I wouldn't give up hope. I am starting physical therapy given my continued nerve pain post surgery, although my surgery was just over 3 weeks ago. Maybe that is an option you can discuss with your Doc. If it continues, they may eventually recommend a repeat MRI. I worry about going back to work because of the continued pain and my line of work, which requires being on my feet for long hours, among other things. I'm hoping physical therapy helps. I would call your Doc and see what other treatments you can try.
    Progressive DDD
    Chronic S1 Radiculopathy
    Discectomy L5-S1 2002
    Discectomy, Laminotomy/Foraminotomy L3-S1 January 2014
    Bilateral SI Joint Fusion and 2 level spinal Fusion October 2014