Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8th day day post op..microdiscectimy @ L5/S1

(Cries) I am a grateful & positive person despite my pain...waking up the past three nights with increasing discomfort is creating this dark and unwelcome darkness. Post op to day 6 no pain. Lil numbness / on outside of left foot...I'll deal. But I lay here in bed post op day 8, crying because of the all to familiar pain. Hiding my phone under blankets in search for validation and an understanding and synthetic ear...First, I'm so very sorry anyone experiences this kind of pain. So, I extend to you my warmest and sincerest hopes for recovery.Just reading your post op stories have helped me. xo

• I'm sorry that you are struggling so early into the recovery period. Just so you know, it is not unusual to experience some increased acute pain in the immediate post op period, and some depression. In part, I think that the depression comes from our expectations in the post op period, thinking that we are suddenly going to feel like our selves prior to our need for surgery, and from expecting immediate pain relief, but that is not what we normally experience.
    As difficult as it is, it is vitally important that you follow the post op directions you were given by your surgeon, and make sure to do what ever amounts of walking that you were told to do each day. It makes the recovery so much easier, and you start to kick start your own endorphins by walking and moving around as much as possible.
    Each day does get a little better, so please do hang in there.