Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

acute pain

Hi my name is linda. I have been suffering acute pain in back and legs and hips for over 15 years. I have had a double hip replacement and also a two level fusion in spine lower back. I still have horrendous pain in lower back and down legs. I am various cocktails of tabs and still no easier. I have a batch of nerves they can see that bone is pressing on but they are reluctant to operate as could lose power in legs. They tried spinal blocks but could not get needles in as I have alot of metal in that area. Has anyone else been in this position. I am feeling decidedly delressed to extent dont feel I can take much more.
Linda roulston

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,878
    Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started here

The above message and link will provide you passages to many key articles, forum rules, FAQ and much more. It can be used as the Spine-Health Reference Guide.

Ok, for starters, talk about your pain as being Chronic. Acute pain is something that lasts only a very short time. For example, you smash your finger with a hammer, that is acute pain. Pain that continues over 6 months is classified as
    chronic pain.

Which lower discs did you have the operation on? When was it. Did you have the pain down your legs after the fusion surgery?

What medications are you are?

What nerves are being affected. I assume by bone you mean disc pressing on the nerve. Why are the doctors reluctant to operate. I have never heard a doctor not wanting to do surgery in fear that their patine would lose power in their legs.

What metal do you have that prevented the spinal blocks?

As you can see, we have so many questions. In order for a member to respond to your thread, you need to provide us with as much information as possible. Fill in the details for us, and you should see some valid responses.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com