Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AutoImmune disease

I have had multiple surgeries on back, shoulders, hands and most recently an ACDF two level on neck. Seems like the surgeries all "take" good but I am always left with pain. Now I feel like I have fibromyalgia or something like it. Tired, painful, nervous and my surgeon is sending me to a rheumatologist to have a work up. My question is..do you think that this sort of problem could be caused by all the pain? These are all workers comp surgeries but I know that WC is going to buck on this fatigue and other symptoms as being caused by the other injuries. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

• LeeLeeMccDeeLLeeLeeMccDee Boston MAPosts: 105
    Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. It's weird but like you, after my A/Plif two level lumbar fusion 3 months ago I have been experiencing the same type of pain. It's like arthritis throughout my whole body. I did not have this pain prior to my fusion and sometimes the pain I feel in my joints, hands, arms, legs and especially my knees is debilitating more so than my fusion. I have not mentioned this to my surgeon yet but I plan to at my next appt. Coincidence or part of healing: side effects of pain killers or possible systemic infection? I wish I knew and I sure as hell hope I can get some answers like I'm sure you do too.
    Good Luck....LeeLee
  • At least I am not alone in this battle. It is not something that you just up and talk to someone about. It makes me feel like I did something wrong to myself but don't know what it is. I do know that this pain is sometimes unbelievable even to me. I have had a lot of pains but this one just seems to be so "all over the place at once" and makes me want to call it a toothache but allover toothache. Hope to find out something from this rheumatologist cause my family is wondering what is going on too. I have never been a real complainer but boy have I been complaining about this. It is just so painful.

Good luck to you too.