Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help, twisted vertebrae and new problems afer spinal cord stimulator

pandqmamappandqmama Posts: 175
edited 03/01/2014 - 10:51 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
After my spinal cord stimulator was implanted last April, after some recovery time, my life was amazing. I ditched the walker and then the cane, life was great! January I grabbed my son's bowling bag for him so he could put on his coat and my life has changed once again. I'm up on my meds( w doc permission), back to the walker, dam,dam ,dam! I recently felt a what my doctor thinks may be a twisted vertebrae. I had x rays done and it wasn't as noticeable as she thought it would be so we wait for the radiologist to see what they think and what to do next. I've obviously done something new and without the ability to have an MRI and catscans won't show nerves well, I'm not sure what to do next. Anyone have similar bump that may be twisted vertebrae? Anyone take big step backwards after spinal cord stimulator implanted?
I'm horribly depressed again, lost ten pounds in last two months, cry on a daily basis. Help!

• I am so sorry to hear the frustration. There has to be an answer! Why can't you do a CT scan? it is safe from what i have read.

I have twisted and slipped a disc, but never a vertebrae. My spine is a little twisted anyway.
    L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.
  • pandqmamappandqmama Posts: 175
    edited 03/10/2014 - 1:09 PM
    They have been unable to figure out what the bone like bump is, nor why I took big steps backward practically overnight. I have a ct scan tomorrow. I'm afraid of the results as well if there were to be something wrong, would it be fixable. I also suffer from failed back surgery after my second surgery so I also fear they could find no reason why I'm back to miserable.
  • I understand your fear. I have failed back surgery and thought about the SCS but my doc told me that the implants could move and end up causing more pain. SCS I'ds not a cure. The problems that caused your pain are still there just masked because the signals the stimulator was sending out. From what I understand if the SCS has moved they can go back in and replace it. Obviously that is not the explanation for the bony like bump. Good luck.
  • It has been a tough few months. I am really just living to work right now, work then home to bed. Pain is like a controlling boyfriend, likes to keep you away from you family and friends, tells you what and what you can't do. The boy friend I can dump, this pain I'm stuck with.
  • murraymrmmurraymr Posts: 103
    edited 03/11/2014 - 11:39 AM
    it is the unwanted and uninvited guest that is hard to get rid of and sometimes seeks revenge when you try. It never feels like a fair fight.
    L4-L5 fused at birth (congenital malformity). L-5-S1 bulge/degeneration, L3-L4 bulge/degeneration. Permanent nerve damage L5-S1 and L3-L4. Fused C5-C7.
  • As mentioned above I went from normal to back with my walker in constant pain again. The ct scan besides arthritis and lot of scar tissue (that is what the bone like bump is) the don't know why I am like this. Thankfully I've got an awesome physical therapist and primary care who know me by wtf! How can I go like that to this overnight ? I've had some very horrible thoughts in the last five hours and feel miserable.