Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The shoulder pain run around!

funlittleleoffunlittleleo Posts: 5
edited 03/06/2014 - 3:18 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I have a weird pain that came on for the first time about 2 years ago that hurt so bad I could barley breath. It was coming from behind my shoulder blade and I was sitting at my desk at work not lifting or pulling anything. I left and went straight to my Chiropractor and he was able to help with some of the pain so I continued to go to him. After this episode My shoulder started making a popping and cracking sound that I thought would eventually go away and get better. 1 year later the sharp, deep, intense pain came back with a vengeance for no reason,
This time 10 times worse. I went to my family doc this time and they sent me home with shots of morphine and a slew of pain meds still confused what was going on. I started asking for answers. No one can tell me. I have has 3 MRI's about 30 X-rays, went to a bone and joint doc, Orthopedic doc, plastic surgeon (to see if it was the weight of chest size)sounds silly but when your running out of options you will try anything, massage therapists, physical therapist, and chiropractor but no one cant tell me what is wrong. I recently fired my MD because I am tired of them trying to just push pain pills for a fix!
I do not take those pills or like them so I told them to shove there pain pills! But I still dont know what is going on! I have a full time job as an accountant, I am also a Zumba instructor and I try to teach 5-6 days a week through the pain and have 4 kids and eat and stay very healthy. Why cant someone help me? The pain is still strong and now I am experiencing numbness in my hand. I am willing to suffer pain and work out what ever I need to and go through what ever It takes but I do not think "over Medicating" a person is a fix. Can anyone help me? Has anyone ever had this? This is my last hope.

I also want to say the All the reports dont really say anything is wrong. I just dont understand
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,065
    edited 03/06/2014 - 3:37 AM
    Welcome to Spine-Health and how to get started here

You can use the above message and links as a reference guide. They provide links to he medical side of this site. You should be able to understand more by researching there.

I can understand your frustration especially with all the diagnostic tests you have had. Its hard to believe after 3 MRIs and 30 X-Rays no one can find anything. So what are you doctors telling you? You dismissed your one doctor because their only action was to give you pain medications. I would agree, any doctor that believes the only option is pain medication is a doctor I would stay away from.

But what are they telling you? Nothing? They cant even figure out whats happening? If all those tests are coming back negative, then that could be good news. Back to a generalist who can look at your entire body, do some clinical examinations to see what is going on. You could have a major muscle strain, or pinched nerve causing you this pain.
    Those conditions are not going to show up on the diagnostic tests you have had.

One thing I would do, is to hold off on your Zumba instruction classes. Give you body some time to rest. See if that makes any difference. But the activity you are doing with Zumba ,I have to imagine is not helping your condition..
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • The doctors hear the pain and popping but cant pin point it. When I stay away from excerise the muscle seems to stiffen and hurt even more. That is why I make my self do it. The massage therapist said that when I lay flat my left side shoulder will not go down all the way and that there are allot of knots back there. One Doctor said it seems the muscle has went into a total spasm. But no real confirmed answer. That is the frustrating part. The hear it, and feel it and see the pain, but cant tell me anything. And I am the kind of patient who only goes to the doctor once a year for my healthy check up.
  • mjd210mmjd210 Posts: 92
    edited 03/06/2014 - 4:00 AM
    I can relate to your frustration. check your inbox I sent you a private message

alif l4-s1
  • Scapulohumeral fibrositis! wow!
advertisement