Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ddd and osteoarthritis

I found out I have 7 bulging discs and arthritis. One disc has already compressed down, and the arthritis is on the same joint. Will the same happen to the other bulging discs as well? I have an appt with an orthopedic next week, but I forgot to ask my primary that question. I understand not everyone is the same. But I wouldn't mind hearing others stories.

• Tired of the painTTired of the pain Posts: 197
    edited 03/11/2014 - 5:33 PM
    See or ortho, but if you go for surgery go for the best neurosurgeon you can find. Orthopedic surgeons are good for separated shoulders, blown out knees and carpel tunnel, but when it comes to spine go with nuero.
    I can't give you any advice otherwise. Good luck
  • An arthritis diet & a guided exercise program can go a very long way to controlling the pain & slowing the progression of arthritis. Have you been referred to a physical therapist? I've been dealing with osteoarthritis most of my life it can be very manageable. I know it's scary when you receive results like that but now you know what's going on you can take steps to control the situation. Good luck ;-)
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • I've been going to pt. I honestly feel like that's a waste of time, I'm 23, very active. The exercises don't seem to be enough. My primary put my on celebrex, I did not think it would work so quickly! But it is helping so much! I started working out again after having a baby, I think that's what aggravated the nerves and made me notice the numbness. I am hoping after I see the Ortho I can get the all clear, keep taking the celebrex and begin working out again.. Nothing will stop it, so why not get as healthy as I can while I'm young, and deal with it later.
  • Ortho was a quack. He told me my first MRI was "crap", and ordered a new one. He didn't even ask me about my symptoms, or check me over. Came in says I cant tell left from right on the MRI, its crap, you need a new one, out the door I went. I did the new one, went to the follow up he told me my back was fine!!! I immediately went outside, and ordered a copy of the MRI. He wife owns the imaging center!! Coincidence huh! I'm in the process of getting my insurance companies money back, and ruining his name. As I hear he does this often. Anyways, went to my pcm, he referred me to a neurologist. I went back to the first radiologist, the images were the same on the mris. Stopped going to physical therapy, wasn't doing anything. The numbness in my right leg has now covered my whole thigh, and moved deeper into the muscle. And my left leg is starting to go numb. Hopefully some options for treatment soon!!