I've been seeing the same dr for 8 years and have been through many pain clinics. I have lifelong back issues and injured my neck in 2008 and have tried everything from injections, decompression table, chiro, massage, you name it.
For the last 20 months I've been taking 2x 15 mg Opana ER and 3x 15 Oxycodine IR for breakthrough pain. This has put me into pretty much a completely manageable state.
Neurologist also has me on 900 MG Gabapentin and had me on 50 mg of Amitriptyline (three years on these two but I kicked Ami in December and feel great because of it.
The bad news is that the state has decided my primary Dr didn't keep good enough records and have suspended his ability to prescribe narcotic medications for six months (good old conservative Arizona at work).
I tried finding a pain center but am also a medicinal cannabis user and no one will take me because of this. My narcotics hardly do anything for me and in the last 6 months I've had a PT breakthrough to the point where I was already dropping down on the IR pills.
I feel Cannabis will be the last medication I'm on so I'm not willing to give it up. If the pain comes in full force after kicking the meds I'll have no choice on this decision then. The Pain dr also wanted to eliminate my breakthrough pills and told me the 2x 15 MG opana is the absolute maximum amount of opates they will prescribe and told me I'm taking too many
Over the last three weeks I've weened down on the oxys. two weeks ago I went to one opana er and one oxy IR.
I have the endo re-re-formulated pills and they seem to hold up under a splitter so last week I started 1/2 opana and 1/2 to 1 oxy depending on how I felt and did OK.
I'm trying to take 1/4 Opana 1 or 2 times a day now today being the third day.
The pain is really starting to kick in now, I haven't felt it like this in 8 months or so but I'm thinking it's withdrawal pain. Withdrawal symptoms have been bad only for this week, mostly insomnia but also pain and depression.
Does it seem like this is a reasonable rate to kick the pills? Should I exhaust the opana I have at small doses or am I at the point where I can buckle down and fight it out? I want to get past the WD pains ASAP so I can figure out if the pain is real or not.
What does one do when their trusted dr gets yanked away? I never considered this and it's thrown a wrench in my life.
scoliosis, scheuermann's kyphosis