Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Results Just Curious of opinions

leejosephlleejoseph Posts: 16
edited 03/15/2014 - 5:01 AM in Lower Back Pain
Ive had back pain for several years and still havent had anyone explain what my problem is or how to fix it. It's becoming a once a week ER visit since about October and still no help.Family doc gives me a few meds and thats about it ? Can anyone tell me what this means ?
MRI of the lumbar spine
L1/L2 Anterior and bilateral disk bulging
L2/L3 Concentric and right anterior lateral disk bulging
L3/L4 Concentric disk bulging
L4/L5 Broad based posterior central and bilateral paracentral disk bulging,given spinal canal stenosis
L5/S1 Focal small left paracentral disk protrusion,given spinal canal stenosis slightly impinges onto S1 nerve root in the spinal canal
Joint effusions in bilateral facet joint at L4/L5 and L5/S1 with a small synovion cyst posterior to the right facet joint at L4/L5

Radiolagy report
Bilateral Sacroilitis and slight osteoarthritis of bilateral hips

CT Scan
degenerative change throughout the mid and lower lumbar region
bilateral bulging annulus with forminal stenosis AP diameter apprx 7-8 mm

This is some of the most of it have a few c diak and t disk also and nodules and bone spurs but my pain is mostly in my lower back, buttocks,some left leg pain severe right leg pain and severe spasms in my groin causing involentery wetting at very few times. Heres my meds Predisone 20mg 2 times aday,Neorotin 800 mg 3 times a day, Flexiril 2 times a day, Tramadol 50 mg 2 times a day, Norco 10 mg 1 time a day and effexor at bedtime. All these meds make me feel so bad its almost as bad as the pain especially since it dont relive it much. Anyone have any suggestions?