Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

ACDF needed for me I need and want to quit smoking now! Chantix?? anyone ??

Helloo to you all, I have smoked since I was 16 I am 47 in May I am having surgery on my neck anterior fusion dont have the date scheduled yet but I can put it off at least too give me time to quit and lings to not hurt as I know they will after quitting I am scared and I want to quit smoking asap > Chantix worked on My hubby and thats my best and only way or option at the moment I will call my primary today to see if I can get a script for it. has anyone taken chantix and quit?? and how long before you hated the smell of ciggarete smoke did you go thru withdrawls on it?? were they bad or tolerable. my husband uses a vapor e cig I have one too but I smoke instead menthol ciggs. please hurry with any suggestions you may have advice for me anyone I so appreciate your time! as I dont have long before surgery or mabey I can ask Neuro to hold off till I quit and had a chance to recover and get over the worst part first plus I know its time to quit many many many reasons follow my family my wallet LOL my overall health I am determined but weak at the same time Im scared please help ! Thank You again for any comments replies to my post wishing you all pain free days.
Stacy (:
ACDF One level C- 4 April 2014
Cervical Spondylosis \ Myelopathy
Chronic pain sufferer since 2005