Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck stiffness, Dizziness, Nausea

I am a 29yr old, healthy (except for this issue), that has developed symptoms that doctors are unable to diagnose. My main complaints are dizziness (off-balanced feeling), constant neck stiffness in my upper neck, head pressure in the area of my neck stiffness and also in the front of my head by my eyes, memory issues (not as quick- witted as normal and always having trouble finding the right words or remembers names of things) and ear pressure/pain that comes and goes. All these symptoms are happing 24/7. This has been happening for almost 3 years. I've seen a number of doctors and have had a number of tests ranging from MRI of head and neck, MRA of head and neck, BPPV tests, Meniere’s disease tests, hearing tests, VNG and ECOG, vision tests, rotary chair test, etc. No doctor can give me an actual diagnosis. I've been told things from vestibular migraine to labrynthitis, but along with each of the diagnoses, each doctor admits they really aren't sure. I'm in vestibular rehab now and nothing seems to be changing. I truly feel its related to my neck. I was seeing a chiropractor for a while and I am not sure if that's related to the cause. Since it began, every time he adjusted my neck it instantly increases my symptoms for about 24-48hrs. Certain head movements increase the symptoms instantly also (not related to BPPV). If I'm sitting still and then just move my head slightly in any direction, I get a "head rush" feeling that settles down after a few seconds, but never fully goes away. I've tried migraine medicines and also antidepressants for the reason that the doctors said they also use them to treat vertigo. All of the drugs had the EXACT same effect on me. My symptoms worsened more and more and I increased the dosage. I had strong inner ear pressure/pain, neck stiffness, nausea and more dizziness. Strange thing is that I've taken a few of the antidepressants a few years before this issue started and had absolutely no side effects from them. I wouldn't of even known I was taking them, but now for some reason it’s different. I also tried a nerve block injection at the base of my skull out of desperation and it had no positive response. If anyone has any similar symptoms/situation or even ideas I would GREATLY appreciate the help. It’s basically destroying my life.

• recently? If not, it would be wise to see your doctor and ask for a prescription for one. It also might be wise to see a board certified spine neurosurgeon and see what they think of your symptoms and neck concerns.