Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Information - Due to have spinal stabilization

EnnaEEnna Spain but BritishPosts: 21
edited 04/05/2014 - 6:07 AM in New Member Introductions
I am not sure whether this is in the right place on the forum but please move it if you think inappropriate.

Having suffered 10 years in the UK with a a) experimental op
b) decompression for L3/4 and L4/5

I won't bore you with the ins and outs of the terrible treatment I received in the UK but to say it all defeated me when I was told at the local pain clinic that I was putting the pain on and thus I paid privately for decompression

I now live in Spain and have gone through exactly the same inappropriate treatment and after a cortisone injection into my thigh 6 months ago to stop sciatica the orthopaedic wally told me that I wasn't bad enough for surgery. Thank goodness I didn't have surgery. God knows where I might be now considering he was seeing people with breaks everywhere and me!!!

Although my partner has private insurance, I consulted his doctor who then referred me to a neurosurgeon who whipped me off to XXXXXX with 1,500€ worth of X Rays and MRIs (very thorough).

He has advised me to have spinal stabilization, rod and screws as I have sclorsis and disc degeneration.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROCEDURE? The two people I know who have had it both still had pain although the surgeon has said I would have NO pain afterwards. As I am going private and no insurance I don't want to keep on digging into my savings as this operation is going to cost 16,000€ as it is.

Thanks. (not sure how to make the text bold)

Post edited by Sandi to remove medical facility name......it is a violation of Spine-Health's forum rules to post the names of medical facilities or providers.
5.10 You agree not to post specific physician names or health care facilities names on Spine-Health.com.