Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

please help looking for advice

I am going to make a long story as short as possible.I am fixing to turn 34 in a few weeks late last year i had to quit a great paying job due to my lower back. In 2008 i was pushing a car and threw my back out it was a loud poping sound ill never forget it sounded like a 22 caliber rifle and i swear thats the truth anyways like i said i was pushing the car pop i hit the ground go to the ER and get basically little to no help because im uninsured so i laid in the bed for a week and went back to work and ive had pain ever since but over time it got worse to the point i cant work so i decided to file for my disability i saw there doctor and they took a cpl xrays but i got denied of course ive been going back n forth living with family and thats wearing thin i gotta do something but i dont know its really hard when your in that kind of pain and people who are suppose to help act like tbey dont even believe you.To anyone who reads this any advice you might have that i dont know plz let me know

• Was your condition diagnosed at all? I know you haven't got a thorough investigation of the issue but were the doctors in the hospital or at social security able to tell you what the problem was? I'm not in the US so don't know much about the health system there but are there any free/low-cost clinics for people who don't have insurance? It's ironic, but you will not be able to get disability before the problem has been investigated and treated as best it can be.

They want to know that all reasonable treatments have been tried, before accepting that you cannot go back to work. It is a tough situation you're in. You need to find a way to get decent medical care. I hope some of our American members can offer you some advice on what services are available. Good luck.