Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain Management Tracker for iPad?

I am looking for a good app for my 10 year old to use to track his symptoms. He has an iPad and I think that we will have the the highest level of compliance if he can use an app. He has difficulty writing, so, please don't suggest an old fashioned notebook. I know that there are some web based programs, but his iPad does not always have wifi access. If you have had success with an app, I would appreciate it.

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 04/08/2014 - 7:59 AM
    There are several out there, if you check the app stores, and just search for pain management trackers, pain management logs........there are also med reminders, and several other tools out there to assist those with needs like ours.
  • Just wondering what is causing your 10 yr old to have chronic pain? I too, have a 10-yr-old son who had chronic pain. He has sever's disease, which is where the growth plate on the bottom of his foot separates or fractures, due to him growing faster than his bones. Once his bones catch up to the rest of his body, he will be fine, but it can take up to 2 years. In the meantime, he is really suffering with pain.0
    We can't always control the cards we are dealt in life, but we can control how we play the hand
  • My son has enthisitic arthritis. He also has IBS, both of which cause chronic pain. He may or may not outgrow either or both.
  • I'm so sorry to hear of your sons difficulties. It must be so hard for you to have a child suffering so much. My heart really goes out to you & your family. Is he currently practicing dietary restrictions & suppliments? I've read some promising reports. I was diagnosed with arthritis at a very young age & my parents found diet an important part of the mix. I wish you well.
    Osteoarthritis & DDD.
  • My son is on a pretty tight diet for both arthritis and IBS. We deal with pain a number of ways. He is on meds for his IBS which have been extremely helpful. He also gets PT and OT for this arthritis as well as massage. We had to take him off of his arthritis med because it devastated his stomach.